Sunday, September 30, 2007

*Unexpected things in Treveling*


Traveling is the continuation of unexpected things for me.
I have traveled. I like it very much. It is one of the most exciting things I do. By experiencing, I think I became more open-minded, for I went through unforeseen experiences a lot. For instance, I went to Saipan with my friend four years ago. It was our first trip to go abroad, so we were really expecting to see emerald green beaches. However, against expectation, we encountered a terribly heavy storm I had never met before. It made the whole island black out for a few days. A lot of trees were laid low. It kept us from going outside. No one can imagine how much sad I was. One consolation in sadness was that we could look around the last day. After then, I went to the Sumilon which is one of the most beautiful islands in the Philippines. I took wonderful pictures, ate great meals, but I almost died when I enjoyed snorkeling. In appearance the wave was not rough, but it was, so not only I but also other people got bruises and scratches. On reflection, it was an unpleasant thing definitely. Right before I came here, I went to Hong Kong. I had a good time. I bought some clothes and ate delicious food. However, when I went to the Victoria peak to see a night view, I was caught in a long shower. What I saw was not the great night view but dense fog and rain. Therefore, traveling is the succession of odd experiences for me.

(Although I had somewhat of strange experiences, I liked them, and I will keep traveling forever. In fact, I have more good experiences than bad experiences)

2 comments:

Frank said...

I also love traveling, and I find that even if at first sometimes the experiences are now what we expect, they often surprise us in a positive way in the end.
Excellent use of coordinators!
Where is Saipan?
Can you find the mistake, and fix this sentence? ...against of expectation...

Coleen said...

Do you know Guam?
It is near to Guam.
Guam and Saipan are small islands which are under the U.S.A.
Saipan is located in the Pacific between Korea and Australia. ^_^